Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Mario

Knock-knock

Who is it? Oh, it's you.


Fine, fine...Go ahead and rain some kisses on my adorable face.


What?! No treats?! I think it's time for you to leave.

I love the way Mario smells like hay and bunny when you give him kisses.

Yesterday I went for a 4.2 mi run. I'm running just every other day (probably for the next couple of weeks) while I reassess what my shin is capable of taking. So far so good. Today I went to the pool for the first time in about 3 weeks. Was able to do 1550 yds. It was quite peaceful since the kids are back in school. I swim at a private high school and now that school's back in session the entire pool is open for lap swimming versus half the pool for the neighborhood kids. Parking was harder now but I'll take a couple of blocks of walking and a pool full of adults versus parking across the street and having to swim around bobbing kids.

Judging by the way everyone passes me (especially the old man who was using just his arms and not his legs) in neighboring lanes, I think I'm a pretty slow swimmer. I know swimming is all technique-based and I'm swimming off of technique I learned when I took swimming lessons when I was 4 and 5 years old. And I'm pretty sure the name of the game back then was not drowning versus speed. Oh well. I have no idea what my swimming pace is and don't really care. I just don't want to drown during this triathlon. I don't care if I'm the last out of the water. If I ever decide to do triathlons regularly I'll invest time in improving my technique. But at the moment I don't really see that happening. I think deep down I'm just a runner. I do enjoy the swimming, though. But I figure I can nip into the pool and swim whether I'm fast or slow.

5 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Mario is such a cutie!

I wish I liked to swim. I'm slow too, but I hate being cold and that water always feels cold to me!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Mario is so cutely disapproving, what a guy! I like to swim, but I don't like the chlorine, though some pools don't have it....

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear you got out for a run!!

You're lucky you enjoy swimming. I hated it but stuck with it because I hated more being so relatively good at running and cycling and so bad at the third sport. Just didn't seem right!

Deb Cushman said...

Here's some treats, Mario. We'll try to shove them in this little hole in the computer. Whoops! They're stuck. This might take a while!

Anonymous said...

No treats?? *THUMP!!!*