Some other odds and ends:
- Manicures do not go well with chlorine water. I never paint my nails and rarely paint my toenails but had both done for my friend's wedding. (Sidenote: I told the lady doing my pedicure that I wanted to keep ALL the callouses on my feet. I earned those and need them for running. English was not her first language and I don't think she knew what I was saying because she gave them a scrub with her little stone thing, but she didn't go to town clipping and scrubbing like my friend had done, so it wasn't a total wash). After swimming twice the polish was totally warped and peeling.
- I get motion sickness from swimming. In a POOL! Right around lap 25 it sets in. The first time it happened I thought maybe I was just getting hungry. But it's happened every time. Yesterday was the worst. I left feeling pretty nauseated. I think this means I have zero chances of ever becoming a triathlete. I'd be the one hurling in the ocean. That's just disgusting and not conducive for endurance sports.
- I really want Dan to win on the finale of Big Brother 10 tonight. It's my guilty pleasure. (Argh!! I just stupidly googled, "Big Brother" to get a link for you people and saw a link that said who won. ARGH! I keep forgetting I don't live on the east coast anymore!)
- I bought a Nike running top today and got totally taken. I paid above MSRP (the little price Nike actually prints on the tag). The store had covered it up with their own sticker, but I did my detective work when I got home. And this was after a $5 discount. I feel so abused.
- The following picture is totally inspiring me to get another running skirt. And it makes me crave orange sherbet. (picture credit: summertimefamily.com)
- Boyfriend and I just learned that "Sherbet" is not spelled "Sherbert." I googled it and found this Wikipedia article. Boyfriend was still not convinced but I said, "It says so on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is never wrong." Ha!
- After perusing the photos from the Disneyland Half Marathon, I've come to the conclusion that in order to get the elusive, perfect, Castle photo (I don't consider this a perfect castle photo, but it's better than one I've ever had the pleasure of having) you have to be either 1) very lucky, 2) very fast, or 3) very slow. You could also add to this list 4) very obnoxious (because some people stop and pose in front of the camera) but I consider part of the equation for a perfect castle photo to be caught in the act of graceful running, so it's not quite fit for the list. I will consider it a great travesty of my running life if I never get a perfect castle photo. And yes, I would pay the ridiculous prices and actually buy the thing.
- Boyfriend and I are having another little debate. Who here has heard of Omega watches? Or how about IWC? Thanks. For the record, I hadn't heard of either until recently.
- Every time I give Mario cheek rubs and kisses I can't believe someone actually took him to an animal shelter in Connecticut and left him there. But then I really think about it and am totally glad they did.