Thursday, June 12, 2008

Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1: Morning

I usually do my long runs on Fridays. I switched around the schedule this week so I wouldn't have to run long the day before the duathlon. So I got up early this morning and knocked out 12.3 miles. I had a really nice run today and felt strong. There was a nice cool breeze off of the ocean and the sun was just heating up. It's nothing like the heat-wave of the rest of the country, but it's been warmer and sunnier here than usual and this warm-weather weenie has definitely been feeling the heat.

Let me just say that I hate getting up early for anything. I consider the fact that I sometimes wake up (insanely) early to run as the single most definitive statement regarding my commitment to running. It's hard to get out of bed, get dressed and get out the door, but once I get going I feel pretty good. The one thing I love about getting my run in early is that once the actual day gets started you almost forget that you ran. At work today it was almost surreal to think I had done a long run in the morning. I ran 12 miles this morning and was home just about the same time I'd normally be getting up. That is pretty cool.

In regards to my last post, Mario loves medals!
Here he is with the "You're My Champion" medal they gave out at Disney to give to family/friends. I got two out of the Goofy Challenge so one one to Boyfriend, one to Mario.

2 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

It never occurred to me to see if Tidbit likes medals, although I've photographed her wearing one once.

I like my early Saturday long run but I don't know if I'd be able to do it on a weekday. I get too sleepy after a long run and I'd be useless at the office!

Runner Leana said...

12 miles before heading to work on a Thursday? That is commitment! Good job, and good luck on that du!