Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Mario

In a few days we will officially be closer to Christmas coming than Christmas being in the past. I love Christmas. So I thought I'd celebrate this time-passing victory by posting a few photos of Mario from Christmas season 2007.

We have a fake tree so Mario leaves it alone. I mostly have to make sure he doesn't bite the wires for the Christmas lights. The wires didn't seem to attract him, but he loved to bite at the presents. Once he pulled off one of those sticky bows and ran around the apartment with it in his mouth when I tried to get it away from him.

Mario with his gingerbread cookie likeness (I had already eaten the body when I thought to get a picture of him with it).


Speaking of Christmas...Almost two years ago Boyfriend bought me a jigsaw puzzle for Christmas. In my tiny NYC studio I didn't have the spare table space to get around to putting it together. I finally opened it up the other day and I am hooked. This puzzle is like crack. I sit down and say, "Okay, I'll just work on it until I put together three pieces." Next thing I know it's three hours later. I had to peel myself away from it yesterday to go out and run 5 miles. I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in a decade and this one is definitely harder than I'd like. I mean, take a look at the picture!! It's all blue and white! I put Mickey together in about 30 seconds, and after that it's been all downhill for my sanity.

Searching for the link to a picture, I also came across this little blip by someone. Yes, I am having the same problems!! There are some pieces you'd swear fit together and since every thing is the same color it is hard to tell you've got it wrong! I like puzzles of things that have different colors and stuff so you can actually search for actual pieces instead of sitting there for 5 hours trying piece after piece trial and error style. I'm not sure if this is fun or torture.

I also sadly have puzzle injuries. My neck is sore from looking down for so long and my right elbow bone is bruised from resting my arm on it for so long as I try to put pieces together.

I need a support group.

My progress to date. Triumph! All the dark blue pieces are in!

So that my suffering is clear, I've taken a picture of the enclosed "Puzzle Diagram."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Mario is SO cute! It's hard to be angry with them when their naughty because it's always so adoreable.

Deb Cushman said...

We just found your blog and were so happy we started with a CHRISTMAS entry in June! We love Christmas, too. Mario is just adorable. We'll put a link to your blog on our blog, so that we can find our way back to hear more of Mario's adventures (loved the picture a couple of posts back of Mario in the wire basket =:-)