Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Mario

A few more Mario Christmas photos!!

Mario checking out his Christmas bounty:


Boyfriend got Mario those nut/honey sticks (I call them crack for rabbits) which were of course a bigger hit than the high-fiber, "educational" toys I got Mario. His head is in the way, but in the photo Mario is digging into the seed stick and pretty much ignoring the other new toys. I am rationing the seed sticks so he doesn't turn into a Christmas porker.


I left the wrapping paper strewn about for an extra day so Mario could enjoy ripping and shredding



We made gingerbread cookies and this is the gingerbread Mario I made this year (with the help of a rabbit-shaped cookie cutter to do the hard part!)


I am going to get busy with updating the blog more frequently. I've been keeping in touch with a lot of bloggers on twitter and I think that has made me lazy with actual blog updating. It is hard to write a post about this or that when I've already tweeted about it. But a lot of you aren't on twitter (Why not?!) so I want to keep up the blogging. I owe lots of posts on lots of things and will start chipping away at that soon.

Sidenote: If you're on twitter, I am "RoadBunner" there, too. If your name is not immediately obvious as to who you are, please send me an email to let me know! Right now I have my tweets as private so I need to okay you and as of now I am more or less just okaying the people I am already familiar with. This may change in the future. I am not being snobby, I just want to keep twitter personal and I feel if you have x,000 people to follow it it is hard to keep up with everyone.

Since someone asked, I got the pattern for the knit bunnies from here. It's a nice pattern because the bunny knits up in one piece. I used small needles (size 4) to get the bunnies to come out smaller. I bought another bunny pattern that had a bit more character, but it is a huge pain when the arms, legs, feet, ears, head, and body are all separate pieces. I hate all that finishing work. In fact, that rabbit never even got stitched up!

9 comments:

Lorna said...

Oooh.. Mario, you got spoiled! :) Sage made out like a bandit too, though she's not too sure about the bunny cookies. (Hay, I'm not about to eat them, she better!)

I don't twitter. I have facebook, I have email, I have text messages, I have blogs. Telling the world what I'm doing in however-few-characters seems overkill :D

Nicole said...

I love mario! And he looks so freaking cute by the tree!!! I love his crack for bunny stick! too cute!!! :)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I've had trouble getting Cadbury to realize that his toys are better to chew on than the plastic litterbox. *sigh*

How did Mario do with the Christmas cracker toy (hay wrapped in paper, for everyone else)? Cadbury ate the hay sticking out at the ends but I had to open it up in the middle for him to realize that there was hay inside, too.

All that work with the alphabet blocks, and still he's not very smart...

I'm on twitter, but I update on FB more often.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Mario looks like he's having great fun with the paper there...

Hef's Mom said...

Hef is more of a wild berry stick man. He is ignoring the wood chews for those as well.

Alisa said...

Mario got more stuff than Zoey?! Wow I didn't think that was possible. What a cutie.

Lisa said...

I love the gingerbread plate... and of course the gingerbread Mario too!

Keeping my blog up-to-date is enough for me. I don't Twitter, post on Facebook, or even text message. Hmmm, can I be "old school" at only 27?

cliff said...

too late... mario looks like he's already a porker.

never understood the point of twitter, so i think only geeks use it... not that there's anything wrong with being a geek. i'm just sayin'.

oh, and tell your friend lisa here, that 27 is definitely old enuf to be old school. HAHAHA!!!! hopefully she doesn't come back to read the comments.

EndorphinBuzz said...

What a lucky rabbit. All the best in 2010 to you, the boyfriend and Mario ;)