Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Mario

Many apologies for being so quiet. I've been terribly busy since getting back to California from Hawaii.

I had a very great (albeit very quick) trip home. The Christmas tree decorating was a grand success. I'll post a full-tree photo soon, but wanted to highlight my little knit snowmen bunnies I gave away to family members.


This group photo is two bunnies short of all the ones I gave away in Hawaii. I was burning the proverbial midnight oil after the Honolulu Marathon to have them ready to give away (my mom invited the extended family over for dinner the evening of the marathon).


Here's a shot of the bunny I left on my parents' tree. On the bottom you can also spy a glimpse of the hideous Santa I made when I was three (c. 1983). I told my mom she didn't have to put it up, but she insisted.

Back on the home front, after my quick nip home the San Francisco tree is now heavy with presents. Mario is in awe of all the gifts and I am constantly clapping, whistling, and shouting at him to leave the presents alone. The other day he grabbed a gift by the ribbon. When I clapped at him to leave it alone he ran off dragging it behind him for about three feet (not a small feat for a little bunny)!

Here is a really quick clip of Mario and what he does when he realizes you've caught him trying to open a present up early. He's done a pretty good number on the corner of one gift already. Will get a shot up of that soon.




Mario circling the presents is never a good thing!



But then he'll settle down and looks so adorable with the tree :)

16 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

He simply is too funny! Love the bunny ornaments you made, wow!

RG said...

Great bunnys! Ditto Mario!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I love the little Mario video - he knows when he's misbehaving!

Great knitted bunnies. I need to try my hand at some of those. They're adorable.

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh Mario is so sweet! Your little knitted bunnies are very sweet too!

Chocolate & Chants said...

Cute knitted bunnies!!

Mario looks so big when he's stretched out like that!

Hef's Mom said...

Aww, so cute! I am having the same problem with Shadow the dog and her stocking.

heather said...

That is a great example of the classic "I wasn't doing nuffin! I was all the way over here!" defense.

Chic Runner said...

He is freaking so cute! I can't wait to hear about honolulu!

He makes me want to get a bunny!

Erin said...

That is so funny!!! Those knit bunnies are really cute!! Can you put up the pattern for those? I'd like to try them.

Lisa said...

The knit snowmen bunnies are so cute! It almost makes me want to knit something. I love the pics of Mario and the tree too. I hope the marathon went well!

EndorphinBuzz said...

Did Mario write to Santa to ask for treats? I'm sure he's been a good bunny so he'll most likely get them :)

Mica said...

That last picture would make a great Christmas card.

Naughty Mario!

Southbaygirl said...

yeah for mario and his tree! i'm so glad you were able to go home! And mom's will always love the things we made when we were kids! ALWAYS!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

cliff said...

i want a snowman bunny the next time you come out to the east coast!

i think using rubber bands would work better on mario than just whistling. but then again, aren't you supposed to shoot water at him? super soakers are really good for that (at least that's what i've been told).

YowlYY said...

Merry Christmas to you and Mario :)
Love the knitted bunnies, you did well :) Next step...see you on raverly.com?

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and so far I LOVE it! Mario looks adorable! I especially loved the short video. My sweet Simon left for the rainbow bridge in October.... I miss him more than words can describe. Give Mario a HUGE hug for me!!