Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas! I have been horribly delinquent on blog reading/commenting (more on that later) but was thinking about all of you out there!

Our Christmas Eve dinner:

The perks of having an Italian boyfriend who loves to cook (I didn't take a picture of the leg of lamb he made for Christmas day)


A crop of Mario's thoroughly disapproving face on Christmas Eve:

Bipeds, I am not amused. Merry friggin' Christmas!


A rare shot of Mario not trying to devour the presents:



Close-up of some of the casualties of Mario's teeth:



Mario took a nap under the couch this year while we opened our presents, but when he finally emerged a few hours later, he got to open up his gifts. Lots of chewy toys and tasty treats:



I got a rather surprising gift from Boyfriend. When I first opened it, I was honestly mortified. Then later I was a quite giddy. For you non-runners, these heinously ugly shoes are a big craze in the running community nowadays (much, much more on this later, I'm sure):

Vibram Five Fingers. Yes, I will someday have to go outside wearing these babies.

I have become a bit of a knitting freak as of late. One of Boyfriend's gifts was a knit Vespa scooter (he loves Vespas) inspired by an adorable print by Nakisha VanderHoeven. I saw her art and thought, "I wonder if there is a Vespa pattern on Etsy?" I checked and there was! I was a knitting maniac for three days knitting this guy up on the DL.


I'll have more Mario Christmas photos up for "Monday Mario" tomorrow. Until then, have lots of gingerbread cookies and hot cocoa!!

12 comments:

cliff said...

i have never heard of vibram five fingers! gotta check them out! are the comfy? any chafing? your feet look gigantic!

cliff said...

they look like incredible hulk feet!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Great Mario pix, he doesn't look like he likes his Santa hat very much,no not much at all. Lots of nice presseies for him though! I have a pair of Five Fingers; Mary Janes for gorillas. I haven't done much other than wear them inside and for walks, I think you need to build some muscles in your feet before you go running in them. I'll b interested to hear how that is for you. Looking forward to more Mario on Monday! :)

audgepodge said...

Haha, I love the Mario in the Santa hat pic! (Sorry, Mario!)

I'm so curious to hear what you think about the Vibram five fingers! (And I'll stop snickering now, heehee)

And awesome Vespa - you're so good with knitting!

RG said...

MArio has wheels ... weeeeee!

Mario has huge feet too!!!!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Swooning over your Christmas dinner. And Mario...oh, how sweet he looks cradled in your arms, wearing his Santa hat. I'd love to find him under my tree!

Report soon on the Five Fingers. I've seen people running in them before, in places where there are grass and trails.

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh Marion has been enjoying Christmas hasn't he! I love the photo of him in your arms!

Hef's Mom said...

This is why Hef and Shadow had their gifts hung my the chimney with care!

Mica said...

Your Christmas looks awesome, starting with the meal and ending with the thoughtful presents. Plus, Mario has the best disgruntled Christmas bunny face that I have ever seen!

Erin said...

Love the Mario pics:) My two would NEVER let me hold them like that!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Thanks for posting all your cheery Xmas photos!!

(The knit bunnies are too cute)

chaco sandals said...

nice photos! interesting blog posts..keep it up.. :)