Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Mario

We drove up north this weekend for the Avenue of the Giants race events.  I'll have more on the actual race experience later, but today is Monday which means...

On the way up to the Humboldt area from San Francisco you pass through a magical town where I imagine bunnies meandering the streets in little packs.

Welcome to Hopland, California:

Coming from the south there was a beautiful, "Welcome to Hopland" sign.
Coming home from the north there was just this.  Sorry.

For miles after passing through Hopland I joked about how Mario wanted to send out letters from "Master Mario Mxxx (Mario's last name starts with a "M") of Hopland, California."  We passed by the Hopland Ale House on the way up and the outdoor area had some sort of line dance party going on.  We thought we would check it out for lunch on the way home.



It was a really cute place.  They had darts and shuffleboard table.
 It was actually a bumpin' weekend in Hopland since they had some sort of wine festival going on. And the Ale House was still pleasantly not crowded.  I had a delicious pastrami sandwich.


Mario would like to invite all of his bunny friends to his 11th birthday celebration next year at the Hopland Ale House.  I believe this rivals the WhistleBinkies pub in Edinburgh for appropriate bunny locations for libation.

4 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I love it! Metaphorically, of course, every bunny is from Hopland.

Alyssa said...

I would so be there! :) Can't wait to hear how E did. :)

the dawn said...

Hopland! I love it!!!!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hopland Ale house, what a good place for a bunny party! Ah yes, Whistle Binkies, I know it well but have never seen bunny parties there!