Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 5; Getting Rungry

Grabbed sushi with Naomi this week.  That's my sushi stack on the right and hers on the left.  Guess the miles are starting to pile up.

Sunday:  8.8 miles, including 4x1600m @ 10K pace (7:47, 7:44, 7:45, 7:43 pace);  Normally I pace myself for mile repeats pretty much with the idea to run as fast as I can for a mile.  Lately I've been setting new training mile PRs every time I do this workout.  But the plan today called for 10K pace which is definitely not "set-a-new-mile-PR" pace.  I told myself to keep it in the 7:40's and did a good job. For the record, even 10K-pace mile repeats suck.

Monday:  12 miles @ 9:27 pace;  I love my double-digit, mid-week easy runs.  I'm out there for a nice chunk of time and I can let my mind wander.   I also love the mindset they give you; 10 miles?  Not far.  Just another run day.  My "easy" pace has come down a bit since Fresno which is a major stick I use to measure my fitness.

Tuesday:  5 miles @ 9:33 pace

Wednesday:  10.1 miles @ 9:37 pace; My legs were pretty dead-lead heavy this morning.  Wednesdays are normally speed work of some sort and I was thinking I was lucky today was a pretty mild speed day.  This was a progression run with the last 15 minutes run hard at slightly sub-8:00 pace.  Was averaging a 10:00 pace before the pick-up started so you can see how blah my legs felt. They rallied at the end and I was pretty pleased.

Friday:  18 miles @ 8:57 pace, middle 14 miles @ 8:46 pace;  I was supposed to run the middle 14 miles at MP + 10-20 seconds.  I was therefore shooting for a 8:50-9:00 pace.  I'm actually surprised my average ended up faster than that.  It wasn't too taxing and was a good confidence booster. I am trying to internalize the fact that I could probably run a sub-2 half on any given day.

Bikram Yoga Count:  2 :(

I consider Sundays to be the start of my running week, but decided to post weekly recaps on Fridays.  Therefore Saturdays will be included in the previous week's wrap-up.  This won't mean much to you, but to me it will feel a little strange.

Even without the short run I plan to do tomorrow added into the total, what I posted above is still more than I've been running during peak weeks the last few years.  And truthfully, I don't feel like I'm peak-weeking.  So far this new schedule and I are getting along fine.

Thank you, to everyone for your nice wishes on the big news.  I generally keep my personal life separated from this blog so have no plans to turn this into a wedding planning venue.  I may share snippets here and there if the mood strikes me.

5 comments:

RG said...

Now if you stay unhurt, that Feb 05 time will be pretty good - ya think?

(I STILL say, do 1/2 mile at top speed and then coast/recover for 1/2 and do 3 or 4 of those instead of the mile ones. - but what do I know.)

Marci said...

I must have missed your big news! Congratulations!!! Nice week of running too! :)

Angela Knotts said...

Keep up the good work! I feel like you're going to do amazing things this year. :)

Jo Lynn said...

I do love me some sushi, especially after a good run. ;)

Alisa said...

You seriously got so speedy and have been keeping it fast---love to read that!

Also, I secretly hope you do turn your blog into a wedding blog...I love weddings and can't wait to hear whatever snippets I get to hear about yours.