Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Mario

Mario's latest Culinary Make-up courtesy of dried roses.

I've notified Wings' owner that I'll be ending my lease soon and it makes me very sad. It was an awesome lease situation with a very nice horse/owner/stable. It has been a decade since I last rode regularly and I'm fairly certain it'll be at least that long if not longer before I ever ride regularly again. A part of me realizes this could quite possibly be the end of my riding story, too. As someone whose childhood revolved around horses I find this sort of surreal. The last time I stopped riding it was always with the promise I'd get back to it as soon as I could. There is no such agreement with myself this time around.

I haven't yet tried running. I am hoping to get out for a 1-2 mile test run this evening. I am getting a little better every day. If I had to guess it would probably be another week before I am 100% better. I am getting a little concerned I may have some residual back issues for much longer, but guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love Mario's make-up.

Glad to hear you're ok, sorry to hear you're going to have to give up Wings. You have to do what's right for you.

As far as running, my only advice is don't push it. You could wind up doing more harm than good, what's the hurry?

Hef's Mom said...

Mario looks adorable.
I hope your run goes ok!

cliff said...

did you try using the foam roller on your back? if it's muscle soreness, it might help.

don't forget about the glue factory suggestion... just to get even.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Just like you don't have to give birth to be involved with children, you don't have to ride to be involved with horses. I hope you can find some other way to satisfy that need for a "horse fix" that so many of us women have. Wings would probably appreciate your treats and visits.

Good luck with your running. Mario looks adorable, as always. I wish I could give him a great big smooch on his flower-stained lips.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

RG said...

Mario! Works at the cosmetics counter as a demo guy!!!!

Tough decision on Wings there. Didn't know, or forgot maybe yu said before, that you had horses as a kid. We've had kids and now grandchildren who worked with, rode, kept horses (shows, 4-H, after school at the neighbor's/friends stable, summer camp and even some serious equestrian work) and the self confidence they get from caring for such a huge but quite dependent beast was unbelievable and has served them well. But for most all of them, 13 1/2 years old and the discovery of boys ended the love affair with the horse! We have had crossed fingers over this for many many years, so far so good .. only a few broken bones of a minor sort.

Hope the healing progresses.

EndorphinBuzz said...

Too bad your horse days may be behind you but it's probably for the better. Think positive about your running and go slowly, you may be surprised about how comfortable it feels despite your fears.