Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Mario

Cover Boy

When I went to Africa a few years ago I bought a camera with a lot of optical zoom so I could take photos of the animals.  I thought about buying a digital SLR but the cost was a bit much to swallow, plus in addition to the camera I'd have to buy a zoom lens that cost about as much as the camera.  So I went with this sort of better-than-the-typical-point-and-shoot camera.  I haven't used it much since my trip because it's pretty big and the rechargeable batteries have really gone downhill.  But I recently got both the camera and the manual out and am hoping to use it more to take photos.  The zoom is great for getting Mario shots from across the room (so long as the lighting is okay).  I have this new saying, "If you want Mario to stop doing something, just point a camera at him."  A lot of times he'll be doing something adorable but gets really camera shy once I get it out and ready.  Maybe this will help with that.

16 comments:

audgepodge said...

Wow - that's a pretty good photo for being taken far away!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Nice photo. All of Cadbury's best poses are held only until he hears the beep of the camera being turned on. Must be a bunny thing...

Alisa said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

My furry kids always stop being cute as soon as I pick up the camera... unless there are treats involved. My biggest challenge is getting Fiona in a rare flop photo. As soon as I move she hops up.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I turned the sound off on my camera, that helps. Apparently rechargable batteries have to replaced every year, even if they are not used (or so I was told). Mario is very, very adorable. Love his split 'stache.

Mica said...

Oooh, I'm excited for close-ups of Mario's cute face!

Erin said...

Good picture! P&P do the same thing. As soon as I get my camera out, they stop whatever they are doing and stare.

You should post some pictures from your Africa trip! I'd love to see them!

RG said...

That looks just like one of my Brothers-in-law .... the bad one ... anything missing from around the house lately?

Julianne said...

Great pic of Mario!! I totally need a new camera!!

Marci said...

I think Mario likes the new camera, thanks for the tag, I'll write a post later this week! Have you decided if you are running SF yet?

YowlYY said...

Mario looks lovely! Surely he will get less camera shy if he is exposed to continuous paparazzism? Hugo didn't mind at all what I was doing with the camera...he moved only if there was a hint of banana or pumpkin seeds.
As for the batteries, I deal with rechargeable batteries a lot. If you have not used them for a while, let them on charge for 24h even if the light on the charger says that they're ready. Eventually, depending on the quality of the batteries, you will need to purchase new ones. My camera, a Canon Powershot S70, is still going on the first battery and two more I bought shortly after the purchase, definitely good quality.
Thank you for the kind words you left on the blog - it is good to know one is not alone when we suffer a loss. Now, however, we must look up and go on - Miss Eve is coming home with a new husbun tonight :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mario stops because he wants to pose for the camera :D See how good he looks in that photo! So 'fierce', as Tyra Banks likes to say hehe

Anonymous said...

goodness gracious i followed a bunny trail from deb and freckles and can not believe how many bunny blogs are out there and here's another great one!! i love your header photo.

thanks for loving bunnies so much!

'alice'

Anonymous said...

Hi!

This is our first time visit ur blog.. And hey, u have a handsome bunn!

Nerq,
The Fluffies' Mom

Anonymous said...

You have to love a mustache that is positioned above the nose!

X-Country2 said...

That is just the cutest bunny around.