Friday, August 20, 2010

This Little Piggy Went to Market...

Sunday: 6 miles @ 10:11 pace; Ran with Boyfriend in Sonoma. I don't think we got going until after 11 in the morning and it was hot out there! In foggy San Francisco a 20 oz bottle of water will last me 12 miles. I probably drank twice that amount during the 6 miles in Sonoma. Sadly, it wasn't even that hot. I am just a warm weather weenie.

Tuesday: 7 miles including 5 miles @ 8:44 pace; Finally a tempo run I can be happy about.

Wednesday: 6 miles @ 10:12 pace; After waking up early to run 10 and 11 miles before work the last two weeks, this felt like sleeping in.

Friday: 8 miles; 1 mile easy, 2 miles MP (9:21 pace), 2 miles easy, 2 miles MP (9:25 pace), 1 mile easy; Had lots of fun on this run. Short and sweet with some pace-work to keep my mind occupied. I'm amazed at how comfortable a 9:20 pace feels. A year ago this was my tempo pace.

Next week is marathon week! Hardly any running going on at all (a couple of 3 milers and 6 milers). I know some people hate the taper, but I love it!


Thanks for all the comments on my Tourist Guide post. I'm glad I am not the only one who has a hard time with direction giving. I think BunnyGirl hit it on the head: When you're familiar with an area you don't see it the same way other people do. I think as I run off and really process my directions I start to realize this and second guess what I told them. I think I feel badly in Golden Gate Park because some areas are pretty devoid of pedestrians so I sometimes feel like they may walk for a long while before finding someone else to clarify.

About a week ago that pesky nail finally came off!! Thank, goodness. It was starting to flap around quite a bit (but would hurt when pulled on so I didn't want to yank it if it was going to bleed). I had to tape it down every night when I went to sleep so that I wouldn't snag it on the sheets. I caught a bunch of people off guard last time so here's fair warning... Nasty toenail photo to follow...


...





....





.....





......





6 comments:

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i'm so jealous of all your tempo and marathon pace running. i haven't been able to hit any of my paces lately and i'm super discouraged about it. good work on that tempo run! way to kill the sub-9 mileage. that's downright hotness!

Mica said...

You are a kick-ass runner who has made leaps and bounds in her fitness level! Congratulations, and thanks for being such an inspiration.

Un-thanks for the toenail photo. EwwWWwwWWw!

RG said...

You'll go LOTS faster with that damned thing gone!

Nicole said...

ahhhh that toenail looks like it hurt! i lost mine last week too!!! eeek!!!!

great job with all the running.. you rocking it chica!

cliff said...

let's see if mario will chew on the nail!!!! if he does, take a picture of it for monday mario!

Chocolate & Chants said...

Eeeeewww!!

The other day a French guy on a bike asked me through my open window (I was in my car) where a certain street was. I knew it was nearby, but I wasn't sure if we had passed it already, or if it was still up ahead. So I told the poor guy: just keep going! It's up ahead!

I immediately thought of your post and guess what...the street wasn't up ahead. Oh well. He was a weirdo anyways, wearing a sequin dress and all.