Here are 7 more random facts about myself:
1. I have broken two bones in my life: Left elbow twice (monkey bar fall, roller-skating collision). I also think I broke my tailbone (not officially diagnosed, but I fell off a horse and landed square on my butt and it hurt like the dickens for a long, long time. My riding instructor had broken hers before and it sounded like the same thing).
2. My beverage of choice is water. I will rarely drink anything else.
3. I had a premonition of the death of my childhood rabbit. I was out to dinner with my parents and my dad nonchalantly mentioned he was cutting down a tree in our backyard. Immediately after he said that, I knew she was going to die. I didn't know when but I had a bad feeling. She ended up passing away the day the tree was cut down.
4. I am a salty snacker more than a sweet snacker. Cheetos over M&M's any day of the week. Also, if I have something like ice cream I have to follow it up with a salty snack.
5. I hate milk. My parents forced me to drink a glass at dinnertime every night until I graduated from high school. Since then (over ten years ago), I have drunk milk once, maybe twice. However, I love all dairy products including cheese, ice cream, and milkshakes.
6. At one point in my life, I had ten piercings on my body. Nowadays I max out at wearing five and most days I sport three.
7. When I was a kid I was deathly afraid of people dressed up in those character costumes. I hid under the table at Chuck E. Cheese when he came around and refused to take photographs with Snoopy at Knott's Berry Farm. My mom thinks it is hilarious that I now love to take photos with the characters during Disney races.
I will tag the first person who left comments on my last post. So Hef's Mom, you're it!
Happy Birthday, Mario!
This deserves a post all to itself, but last Saturday (March 6) was Mario's birthday!! It is really the anniversary of his Gotcha Day! As I've mentioned before, he was full grown when I adopted him, so I always add one year extra get his approximate age. So it's been 6 years together and Mario is now seven!
I didn't do much running this week. Post-marathon laziness and recovery (or at least, I tell myself it is recovery to justify the laziness):
Wednesday: 3 miles @ 10:52 pace
Friday: 10 miles @ 10:29 pace; My legs were really heavy and tired on this run. Major battle to keep moving almost the whole run. And just like that I'm in another taper week! I LOVE taper weeks :)