Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hoppy Holidays!

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas!!  I meant to get this up as part of "Monday Mario," but the day after Christmas was the exact opposite of Christmas and I was barely home at all yesterday.

Christmas Eve we made gingerbread cookies.  Per tradition, we always make a gingerbread family of ourselves. Mario's has sort of taken on a standard look since I got a rabbit cookie cutter a few years ago, but it is still always fun.

I have to turn him into a lop and I added his mustache.

Mario and the tree Christmas Eve

Christmas morning we set the camera up and took our Christmas family photo.  Mario looks so adorable in this one, I want to reach into the photo and squeeze his furry cheeks:

Why yes, I am Mario, Lord of this Christmas manor.
And in other outtakes, he looks a little less dignified:
We call this one, "The Gynecologist"

This year Mario was pretty lively during the present-opening festivities.  He is usually snoozing in the morning and past Christmases have seen him heading under the couch to catch some shut-eye.  He was pretty distracted with PAPER! to shred in this TUNNEL! but he'd check in with us every now and then.  When he'd come around, I'd grab one of his gifts and open it for him. 

Apparently, last year's big gift is made 100x better when you add some paper to shred inside.

A few of Mario's gifts:


Call me out of the tunnel when you get to the willow wreaths.
Much better.

After all the excitement, Mario hunkered down in his tunnel for a long Winter's nap and didn't emerge until shortly before dinner.


Bunny's version of sitting on the couch all day in PJ's watching Christmas movies.
All in all it was a wonderful day, and I even peeled myself off the couch and got a great 8+ mile holiday run in, complete with a training mile PR (7:25) as a Christmas gift to myself.

We also had a transient holiday visitor who got a coveted place on our tree while he awaits his private jet up to the Pacific Northwest to live with Racer.  RG, send me your details again and I'll send this guy up to you.

The original Racer Rabbit met an untimely demise.
I think the new one is a bit more handsome than the original, so all's well that ends well.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Merry Christmas to all of you and special nose bonks for Mario!

Scout and Sage said...

Oh my goodness, that is the most precious cookie EVER.

I think I have been motivated to try this "Make your own cookie cutter" tutorial out now.. :)

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/12/make-your-own-cookie-cutters-from-a-foil-pan/

Crafty Green Poet said...

What lovely photos of Mario - he seems to have enjoyed his Christmas! I love the gingerbread rabbit, too nice to eat though!

RG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SixBunnies said...

Merry, although late, Christmas!