Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cold Hands, Warm Heart


I wanted to share a great deal I've stumbled upon. The Jo-Ann craft stores sell gloves which are perfect to use as throwaway gloves for $1.00 a pair. And if you use this coupon, you can snag them for $0.80 a pair! I used these at Disney this year. And actually, it was so cold in Orlando the last two years I've gone for the races, I even wore a pair of these around the parks as well. I always feel sad dumping throwaway anythings & cheap gloves make it easier.

I have tried to get into a stretching/foam rolling routine every evening which seems to be helping my knee out. I didn't stretch at all for the two weeks after Disney which set me back a little. But I've been fairly good about it the last week and my knee seems to be doing better. Not 100% yet, but it is holding up well!

I am trying to pencil out my 2011 schedule and will probably share some thoughts on that really soon. I will be doing a great deal less marathoning in 2011, but I am having doubts about committing to a 6 month marathon drought before the next PR attempt. It is a little late, but I'll be posting a 2010 wrap-up next week.

9 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I have some of those stretch gloves and they're great! In the really cold temps, though, carry the little hand warmers I mentioned in my blog. There are also body warmers that you can stick to your clothing to help keep you warm. I bought a few and in freezing and sub-freezing temps, I'll stick one to the back of my base layer shimmel. Bliss!

Deb Cushman said...

We stopped by to wish Mario a Happy Year of the Rabbit! Maybe you could find some mini mittens for Mario to wear during his special year!

RG said...

Run fast, Run long, break, repeat.

Happy Bunn Year Mario!!!!

We give those gloves to kids to put in all their jacket pockets - they lose them pretty fast.

Marlene said...

I'm all about the cheapie gloves!!

Glad your knee is feeling better.

Mica said...

Genius! We have a Joann down the street. Thanks for the tip.

Marathon Maritza said...

Yay, good deal! I always buy the cheapies as 'throw-away' gloves too but then I don't toss them, hahaha. I just have a safety pin pinned to the edge (totally not in the way) and when I don't wanna wear them, I just put the pin through both edges and pin them to my fuel belt.

RG said...

Something about that last comment brings a very strange vision of a running person to mind - maybe 15 pairs of old gloves pinned all around her fuel belt. Be Prepared!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

wow, what would you do without a marathon for 6 months?!?! you would KILL a pr and come pretty close to qualifying for boston...at least that's what i think :) can't wait to hear more about your thoughts from your year of marathons and goals for this next year.

dawn @ running the dawn said...

wow, what would you do without a marathon for 6 months?!?! you would KILL a pr and come pretty close to qualifying for boston...at least that's what i think :) can't wait to hear more about your thoughts from your year of marathons and goals for this next year.