Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Mario

Since I got Mario at an animal shelter (Adopt a Rescued Rabbit!), I didn't have the joy of knowing him as an adorable ball of baby bunny fluff. I sometimes wonder what he was like and about his parents and siblings. It will not come as any surprise that I devolve into a puddle of squeaky mush when confronted with any baby bunny. But the idea of MARIO as a baby bunny... Man, it is almost too much for me to take. I joke that if I ever needed to have a Peter Pan happy thought I would imagine Mario as a baby bunny. That would definitely get me off the ground.

I also sometimes wonder about the people who had Mario when he was a baby bunny (and subsequently dropped him off at the shelter). Besides the "why did they do it" aspect of all of that, I also wonder if they have any baby photos of him lying around. Because if they do, I am seriously jealous.

I love it when I see photos of other baby rabbits that remind me of Mario. Here are a few I've found over the years:

This guy has Mario's body type. Stout and furry.


This is how I picture him when he was younger. Lops are born with "up" ears which fall as they get older. This bun has sort of a "playground bully" look which I imagine Mario was.


This bun gets props for having the Mario 'stache! Ears coming down, too!


This guy is a little too dainty to be Mario but has the 'stache and is definitely cute!

All of the above photos are from CuteOverload.com and can be found in their original form here, here, here, and here.

And if all this baby bunny nonsense up to now wasn't enough, I found this video on CuteOverload.com too that is just too much. BABY BUNNY OVERLOAD! Check out all the baby bunny butt!


p.s. I am glad everyone enjoyed Mario's number picking abilities. Must be something in the animal water because another famous furry (seriously, check this site daily if you haven't already) picked #5, too! If Mario had been thinking he would have picked number 7 because then we would have had to repeat the whole thing with numbers 1-6 since only one size sock had 7 entrants.

p.p.s. Still haven't heard from Run is My Mantra. If I don't hear from you by Sept. 7th, Mario will be in for another craisin picking-treat.

12 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I, too, did not have my rabbits as babies, it is a good thing I know the cuteness factor would have been too much for me and I'd just be another case of spontaneous bunbustion......Those little buns do sport some Mario looks LOL. Give him a craisin from me!

Mica said...

Ahh, cute overload! I usually don't think baby animals are that cute (Like um...kittens), but baby bunnies are really, really adorable!

Bunnies and Kimberly said...

We fostered Belle and Pearl as babies and let me tell you, it was a lot of work! They can squeeze through your barriers and those little mouths are capable of a lot of chewing. So cute though! :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

what adorable photos, and a lovely wonderful video (which I've seen before i think but always worth seeing again!).

Anya too was a rescue bun...

Deb Cushman said...

Freckles came to us full grown as well, but we, too, go all mushy when we see pictures of baby bunnies. That last picture looked so much like Mario! What an adorable little bun.

Marlene said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am melting over here looking at the itty bitty baby fuzzy bunnies!

Hef's Mom said...

I got hef when he was about 6 weeks old, ADORABLE, he has changed a little bit, I keep meaning to post a comparision of baby hef to now. He lost a lot of white on his face. But we promise our next bun shall be a rescue bun.

Alisa said...

OMG seriously cute overload! Baby anything is pretty cute (except, sorry all you mom's, human babies--which I don't think are nearly as cute in fact, some of them are fugly!).

Hope I get to meet MARIO!

Chic Runner said...

Oh MY GOSH! You just killed me with these pictures. THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!! I didn't realize baby bunnies are so cute. BUT I'm glad you adopted mario, yet I'm sad you missed baby mario.

X-Country2 said...

OMG, too cute!

Rachel said...

Baby bunnies are definitely ADOREABLE! However, young buns are such a pain!!! They destroy everything. Sometimes I'm glad I got Babs and Oscar (may he rest in peace) as adults because I knew what I was getting from the beginning. Still....baby bunnies!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.