Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sad, Sad Day



Today for the first time ever, I paid more than $1.00 for a package of Clif Shot Bloks.  Longtime readers will remember how I used to get them super cheap but then had the venue snatched wickedly away.  I've still got a few packets left from my previous stash but am dwindling low on my favorite flavor (Cran-Razz).  I had a 20% off coupon for Sports Basement and today went and picked up two boxes.  With the buy-12-packets-and-get-a-cheaper-price plus the coupon, each packet came out to be $1.27.  This means if my old source was still around I could have gotten 6.5 packets more for the same price.  I am very, very sad.  I will fondly remember the good-'ole-days when Shot Bloks could be had for $1.00 flat no matter how many or little you bought. If anyone out there knows of a $1.00 source please let me know.

I've been on one sad little 2 mile run since I last blogged.  It went very, very badly.  I'm guessing they'll continue to go badly until I get back into a regular running schedule.  It's strange because mentally I feel like I should still be able to go on 10+ mile long runs with no problem.  But I have to realize that my body has been out of the grind for almost three months now and it's time to start back at square one.

6 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Too bad your source is gone! Gels here are almost $2 a pop....yikes!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

It's always a bummer when you lose a good source for a favorite treat. Building mileage back up is a challenge, too. It looks like you've got your winter cut out for you.

Julianne said...

Thank goodness for the 20% off coupons at Sports Basement!! And I'm sure you'll get back into the swings of things... You have to start somewhere, right?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Margarita flavour! That sounds nice!

What are Shot Bloks, by the way? I haven't seen them here..

Run Mommy said...

I was curious about that too..Maybe we have them here? I found your blog via Ramblings..a good read!

ShirleyPerly said...

The only way I can get gels and bloks at $1/pack is because I work PT at a running store. Seems the prices have gone up :-(